Sunday, February 8, 2015

Graduation Day



I wore my TresYours Vintage dress.

 My son's graduation was an exciting day for all of us and especially for him...he was finally done with high school! I wore my black chiffon dress, paired it with my red handbag and black gloves from TresYours Vintage Corner.
As we waited outside before entering the building where the ceremony was to take place I saw these two old buildings across the street. If you look closely there is a vintage ad painted on the side of the building.


Neat vintage sign.


The ad is for 'Battle Axe Plug Tobacco'. I'm not sure if this is correct, but I read that there was a company that opened mid 1800's  for the construction of a railroad. Apparently, the railroad company could not pay their employees money, so they paid them with tobacco. Out of all the brands that were being handed out, Battle Axe was their favorite.


I hope the city will protect this sign

There is another old painted sign over the Battle AXE. All I can see is Dry Goods and an A or G, but I'm not sure. I am thinking about making another trip to get a closer look and take more photos. Until then, if anyone has any information on Battle Axe, I would love to hear it.