Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cat's Pajamas 2014

Hemmens Cultural center

Finally! After waiting for months it was here, the first Cats Pajamas Productions vintage show of the year and I was excited as can be. Two floors of vintage clothing, shoes, jewelery and more. Everywhere you look it is covered with racks and tables chock full of vintage items ready to shopped. I was so ready for this, well, not entirely ready, but I was going to be. I just had go through a couple of things.
I start planning what I want to wear a couple days before the show. I go through my closet and start checking off my list of requirements for a suitable outfit for the show. 
  • Is it comfortable for the entire day? 
  • How long will it take me to get ready before my husband starts looking at his watch?
  • Easy on and off for trying on clothes?
  • Can I bend over without something popping out?
  • Shoes - comfy flats or show them off heels?
  • Which purse will hold my hairpins, lipstick, money, my willpower not fall in love with everything?
  • Hats?
  • Hairstyle?
  • Era?
It actually wasn't too difficult on deciding my outfit. Each year I've been to the show has been a learning experience on what went right or wrong. Yet, just in case I still go through my mental list. I decided on a Toile de jouy material dress with a sweetheart neckline and my comfy Aris Allen shoes. I decided no hat or updo, so that I could easily try on hats without constantly removing mine or ending up with a rats nest hairdo.
My husband dropped me off and took the kiddies with him. I felt just like my kids at a Lego store, wanting to jump up and down from excitement as I walked inside. The vintage music sets a nice tone and seeing fellow shoppers in vintage clothing is fun. I immediately head downstairs to visit Peggy and her husband Allen from TresYours Vintage corner. We talked and she then proceeds to show me a dress... a 'Gloria Swanson Forever Young dress'. Fit like a glove, it's mine and so was an open bottom girdle. TresYours came through as usual. I purchased 3 other dresses from Carole's closet and a black handbag.
I had a swell time! I am now counting down the days until the next show...in September!



I pretty sure the Cat's Pajamas had every vintage item covered.....


Dresses

Menswear

Ties

Umbrellas


Shoes

Jewelry


Bow ties and belt buckles

Hats


and more hats

they even had a hat stretcher!!
I highly recommend making a visit to the Cats Pajamas Productions shows. As you can clearly see in the photos they have everything a vintage gal or guy would love and could possibly need.
In my post last year I did write a review on the Cats Pj's and wrote how I preferred the Saturday morning show over the Friday night show. I still do, personally it just works out better for my family and I like my filling my mornings with some awesome vintage shopping! I just wish it was every morning and so I wait...