Monday, May 13, 2013

Blogging anxiety

 Yeah, she's smiling now.




The idea hits! My mind starts putting together the layout, photos, little jokes, I run to the computer and then I write, delete, write, delete, again and again. This is exactly what I go through every time I write a blog post. I know what I want to write about and how, but I start to panic about how it will read. Will people get the joke I wrote, because it's totally funny in my head. Will my advice be helpful if someone tries it or did I just ruin their priceless bullet bra.
Screw it I say, just write it and I do. My finger quivering over the delete button, but I finally get it done. In the end, I realize that I should write my blog the way I would speak to someone I know. So I thought why not write a couple of things about myself that may help you get to know me a little better.

Strange, but true..
 
1- I can't measure. No matter what I sew, I get 6 yards. I know I can get a nice full dress and use leftover for other things. Home projects, I place little marks on a ruler and guess the rest. I've built a dog run, tiled my floor and a garden fence. It may not be perfect, but what is? 

2- I practically grew up in a hospital. Asthma, Allergies, Kidneys, they had me in & out of the hospital so many times that I actually love hospital food. I once suggested dinner at the hospital for date night with the hubs.Yeah, that look you probably just made, is the look my hubs gave me.

3- Growing up I was called a tomboy for doing "boy things". I love comic books, fixing things, chopping wood, batting cages, etc. Now I'm not a tomboy,  just a girl with more interests.

4- I may be a 'tomboy', but I don't like wearing jeans. My first jeans were polyester hand-painted seams from Avon(grandma loved Avon), others were just as bad. Since then I have found much better looking jeans, but I only wear them on rare occasion. 

5- I hate washing dishes! I like cleaning every little nook & cranny till it shines. I enjoy waxing the floor, organizing closets, cleaning the garage and so on. I do the dishes like a whiny kid, then half way through I start enjoy myself and then... I repeat the process next day.

6- I could do without electronics. When my husband, back then just a friend, came to help me move to a new place he was a bit shocked. I was renting one of three tiny shacks, my landlord built himself. No washer, dryer, microwave, phone, heater or even hot water for shower. I did have a stove & fridge in the house, but they didn't work. I lived little house on the prairie style and it was pretty cool.

7- On Saturdays I would have lessons from my mother on etiquette, dance lessons, cooking, sewing, cleaning and on Sunday, lessons with my father art, basic mechanics, archery, boxing. Well you get the picture. My mother was raising a lady, my father was raising a lady with a little more moxie.

8- Besides groceries, the rest of my shopping is done at Antique shops, secondhand stores, garage sales & trash picking. If I can't find what I need, I'll make it.

9- For more than 10 years I worked in a well known department store. I would read about designers and all the latest trends. I love my vintage, but there's one modern item I've always wanted... Christian Louboutin red sole shoes.

10- My hubs is 10 years younger than me. We have been together for more than eleven years, married for only two and don't have much in common. Yet, we make it work in our 1940's home, living with our two younger kids, the dog and visits from my/our older 3 kids.


Well there you go, just a couple of things about me that I hope helps you get to know me just a little more. There's still more to me, but why scare you off. Every now & then I'll sneak in some info(I love putting a teaspoon of peanut butter in my coffee)..BAM! See what I just did, sneaky. Well, I'm going to stop here, it's 3am and I'm on my 9th day of trying to write this, but you understand, right?