Monday, February 4, 2013

PURSES

I have a small, but steadily growing collection of purses. As you can see they are all very different in many ways, but I love each purse equally the same. I treat them all with great care. I know that like any other vintage item it may be the only one of its kind.
I believe the purse is the most important & useful item for any vintage lady. It's last item we put on as we head out the door & the first thing people notice as we set them down. It must also  hold all of our "Necessary Stuff" and if you have kids, the stuff doubles. Things, we do need, might need or buy on sale need.
Vintage purses do tend to be on the small side if you compare them to today's purses. A vintage gal will learn to adapt & appreciate them. If only our vintage purses could be like Hermione Granger's, small enough for lipstick & large enough for a tent(yes, I am a Harry Potter fan)!
A purse for me, must fill 3 requirements:
1- Cost- I have a set budget.
2- Color- Does it go with any of my outfits?
3- Condition- If I plan on using it, will it last?
Most vintage dealers really do care about their items & love them just as much as we do.They may have already cleaned the purse or made any necessary repairs. Take your time looking it over, because sometimes the item may be non-returnable. If you come across a purse from a second hand store or garage sale, be very thorough, they will not take it back.
Although, we all have our own set of rules, style & depending where you're from, call it a purse or handbag. The one thing we do have in common is- Where am I going to put all of my stuff?