Friday, March 1, 2013

The Cat's Pj's


Recently, my daughter Spring and I went to The Cat's Pajamas vintage show and it was fantastic! Two floors of beautiful vintage clothing, handbags, shoes, jewelry and more.
My friend Peggy & owner of TresYours vintage told me about it last year. Unfortunately, I arrived late and I had to rush around trying on anything that I could find. I ended up buying 3 dresses from a sweet lady with the largest hat collection I have ever seen. I also bought a black dress, my first from TresYours. I had fun, but I always wondered how many more things I could've bought. Like a greedy little kid with candy, I wanted more!
Well, this year I got more. I bought 5 dresses,2 pairs of gloves & 1 hat from the sweet hat lady whose name I finally learned. Carol, the owner of Carol's Vintage closet from NE. TresYours vintage also had a booth and it was there that my daughter found her first vintage dress. My daughter rarely wears a dress & she instantly fell for this dress. It's pretty awesome that one year ago I bought my first dress from TresYours vintage at this very show.                                                               I also bought a brown plaid coat that was originally at $65, then 20 & then 10! I'm not sure who the vendor was, it seems everyone around was grabbing things left & right as soon as she yelled that everything on two racks was $10. My last purchase of the day was a Garay pink wool purse, actually it wasn't very pink.It had brown stains & smelled which is why I got it for $5.
It was so much fun shopping, meeting new people & I loved that they also mixed vibrant modern hair color with vintage clothing. And so, I must wait for the next show in Sept., but in the meantime thank goodness TresYours is just around the corner!
A clean Garay purse--coat--Spring's first vintage dress

From Carol's vintage closet to mine